Τρίτη 4 Νοεμβρίου 2014

SUGAR

With the winter months moving in full swing, we inevitably turn towards comfort food. However, prompted by a gluttonous few weeks, lack of exercise, and hike in my glucose index, I started pondering over the weekend ways to satisfy my sweet tooth whilst reducing the bad sugars in my system.

Just about everything we eat is laced with sugar. It's in carbs, in fruit, in cereals, in sweets of course. So I started thinking about ways to reduce the  levels of sugar I consume on a weekly basis. Eating low-fructose fruit rather than high, eating whole grains instead of using white flour in recipes... Just small changes yielding big returns.

And so I attempted to make raw chocolate, which surprisingly was delicious and satisfied all the taste buds that would have been satisfied if I had run to the kiosk to buy processed chocolate filled with sugar and milk. I still got my shot of sugar but it was sugar in its purer form and in smaller dosage.

I used:
Approx. 50 gr of almonds ground in blender
Approx. 70 gr of coconut oil
2 tbsp of raw cacao
About 2 tbsp of agave nectar
3-4 dates

I mixed everything together and put everything in freezer to solidify.
















Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου